Herbal Internal Cleansing
Herbs can be very powerful. There are a myriad of uses for herbs. They are used for medicinal purposes, weight loss purposes, immune boosting purposes and even cleansing purposes. Below are some herbs that are beneficial for internal cleansing.
Blood and lymph system
- Yellow dock- softens hardened tissue, trims down swelling and heat, cleanses the liver, nourishes the blood, and eases pain.
- Dandelion – a natural diuretic that improves urine production by sustaining the emission of water and salt from the kidney. It may be used to cure liver disorders, poor digestion and high blood pressure.
- Cleavers – well thought to be one of the greatest herbal cleansing energizers. Aids to cleanse the blood, the kidneys and the lymphatic system and get rid of toxins from the body. It is also used to ease inflammatory urinary diseases, drive out kidney stones and alleviate inflamed and swollen lymph glands.
- Psyllium Husks – creates an “intestinal broom” to drive out loosened substances. It provides the highest cleansing activity of all fibers.
- Aloe Vera – may be used for, burns, skin rashes, internal bleeding and ulcers. It also supports good bowel movements, which assist to alleviate constipation. It also promotes a gentle laxative action.
- Black walnut – assists in anti-parasite support and intestinal cleansing. Black Walnut Hull is a germicide, antiseptic, a laxative and a parasitic.
- Rhubarb – contains potent laxative compounds called anthraquinones, which aggravate the colon and create good bowel movements. The roots of Rhubarb also contain tannins, which are said to diminish swelling in the colon.
- Senna – is a stimulating and potent herb that promotes the dynamic evacuation of the bowels. The pods and leaves of the senna plant have compounds called anthraquinones, which are potent laxatives.
Ginger is a wonderful for cleansing
- Ginger – a very helpful herb for taking out toxins from the kidney area, improve blood circulation, and helping to break up hardened substances such as stones. It is also said that ginger root juice is capable of breaking up kidney stones.
- Parsley – cleanses the kidney by washing out toxins. It is also helpful in the healing and avoidance of kidney stones. This herb has a compound named Apoil, which is now being used in medications that serve to cure kidney stones and kidney ailments.
- Nettles- Nettles are useful diuretics and anti-bacterial that can aid to cure and avoid kidney stones.
- Couch grass – a diuretic and the mucilage helps soothe irritated and inflamed urinary tract. It also aids restore to health the urinary tract.
Liver and gall bladder
- Barberry – a tonic to the gallbladder to improve the flow of bile and improve conditions such as gallbladder pain, gallstones and jaundice.
- Red beet – Beet juice helps stimulate the function of liver cells and protect the liver and bile ducts.
- Liverwort – A tonic, diuretic, mildly astringent, bitter herb. It also has gallbladder function, improves liver, prevents bleeding, and has anti-inflammatory effects.
- Gentian- considered as an overall tonic and helps decrease fever, calm hysteria, treat jaundice, and help liver break down.
If you are unsure of how to use any of the herbs listed in this article, consult with a health care professional who is well versed in the use of herbs.